- Jun 28, 2018
Animation gallery sample
I'm currently working on a PvZ-like pixel hentai tower defense game:
Demo available here
The demo contains levels 1, 2, 4 and 6. I wanted to include 4 levels but felt that level 4 is not enough to show players what the game is really like.
The demo also contains the gallery animations rewarded for clearing each level.
The stages include 3 towers, 2 spells and 4 enemy types.
Here are a couple screenshots
Controls and Rules
The in-game tutorial should carry you through. But I'll put in a list of controls and game rules here just in case:
- Placing Towers: Q, W and E keys select towers to place. Left-click to place them and right-click to deselect. You can also select towers by clicking on the buttons at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Energy: Left-click to gather the purple and black orbs of energy that fall down. The first tower can also be used to generate more energy. This is crucial to supplying your defenses.
- Level End (Victory): The level ends when the timer runs out and all enemies are defeated.
- Level End (Defeat): The level also ends when a single enemy passes through.
- Final Column of Towers: The final row of towers have the ability to clear the map. You can trigger them by clicking the button below the tower selection buttons.
- Spells: A and S keys trigger spells.
- A provides an AoE damage spell
- S creates a wave, ensnaring enemies and preventing them from advancing for a moderate amount of time.
- Health Bars: F and G keys can be used to toggle health bars for towers and enemies respectively.
- Time Control: The alpha-numeric keys 1 2 and 3 can be used to scale time (1x 2x and 4x respectively)
- Pausing: The pause button on the top right opens the in-game menu. No actions on the map can be taken while the game is paused.
The gallery has no tutorial but hopefully, it is intuitive. I'll put a list of controls again just in case:
- The gallery is split into four frames. Select a frame then select an enemy from the right side of the gallery to view their animation.
- Animation Speed: The - and + buttons control animation speed, up to a maximum and minimum. Animation speed changes the voice-over attached to the animation.
- Visibility Toggles: The next two buttons allow toggling the visibility of tentacles and the cross-section.
- Climax and Reset button: Should be self-explanatory. Only one of these buttons are available at a time depending on the state of the animation in the frame.
- Clear: [X] button removes animation from the frame.
- Stopwatch: You can set a time (in seconds) before climax then hit the stopwatch to start a countdown. The speed of animation ramps up as the timer counts down.
Planned content is a total of 12 stages and 12 gallery animations. (4-5 towers, 3 spells and 6 enemy types)
Edit (August 3): The number of stages is currently unknown... Current Plan: 5-6 Towers, 3 Spells, 5-6 Enemy Types
I'm the only artist working on this project so progress is going to be slow, but I will try my best.
Feedback and bug reports are appreciated. However, completely new features are unlikely at this point.
There is a survey in-game in the main menu I'd like you to answer as well. It's available in English and Japanese (based on your in-game settings).
I'm also new to this whole H Game development thing, so any advice appreciated.
Spreading the word is also much appreciated!
- TTD v2018.06.27.D1
- Fixed bug where only first gallery animation could be unlocked.
- Fixed bug where you could unlock all levels by beating level 1 repeatedly.
- TTD v2018.06.27.D1 (First uploaded version)
- Cursor detection is slightly off at full screen
- Final row of towers sometimes doesn't go on cooldown after firing (?)
Once again: Demo available here
Last edited by a moderator:
- Show all